United States

Australia

Fashion

Recent Posts

We’re not copycats: Bronik and Corrine

4:45 PM Add Comment
Bronik and Corrine are planning the next phase of their lives together. Picture: supplied

Ousted House Rules couple Bronik and Corrine say it has been very “upsetting” to be accused of copying by a rival team.

When the Victorian lovebirds made some similar design choices to Queensland’s Ben and Danielle during the Seven competition, they were accused by Danielle of “stealing” her ideas.

Bronik and Corrine were eliminated in last night’s episode, just a week shy of the grand finale and, while they don’t blame their opponents for their early exit, they admit to being hurt at Danielle’s on-screen comments.

“I was upset that it all happened behind our backs,” Corrine, 28, toldAAA .

“Danielle never came up to us and said ‘Hey guys, I think you are copying our design and stealing our ideas’. It was just ridiculous.”

Bronik added: “Corrine worked so hard throughout the competition and spent all night planning her designs. To hear Danielle call her a copycat, it just wasn’t fair.”




Ben and Danielle will battle NSW father-daughter duo Steve and Tiana on Monday’s finale for the chance to have their mortgage wiped clear.

It’s no surprise which team Bronik and Corrine are rooting for.

“Steve is a good bloke and he was always happy to give us a hand when we needed one,” Bronik, 27, explained.

“He has worked hard his whole life and he deserves a reward for that. I think it would be a huge opportunity for him to have his mortgage paid out.”

Corrine chimed in: “It’s not that we don’t want Ben and Danielle to win. We just think Steve deserves it.”

Bronik and Corrine still pinch themselves that they were able to return home from the competition to a fully renovated house tailored to their taste, and said the show only made their relationship stronger.

When asked if they were turning their attention to marriage and babies post House Rules, Corrine was quick to exclaim: “Well I am keen.”

Bronik said he needed to kick his “butt into gear” with a proposal.

“We have reassured ourselves that we do want to be together for the rest of our lives, so it is just a matter of time now,” the carpenter said with a laugh.

“We know we are right for each other.”

Disgrace: DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson Has No Idea Who Kate Steinle Is

4:38 PM Add Comment

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson testified on Capitol Hill today about a series of ongoing immigration, illegal immigration and security issues. When asked about whether the Obama administration had reached out to the family of Kate Steinle, the 32-year-old woman who was killed in San Francisco two weeks ago by an illegal alien who had been deported five times, Johnson had no idea who she was. 

"Has the administration reached out to the Steinle family, to your knowledge?" Rep. Steve Chabot asked Johnson. 

"To who?" Johnson replied. 

"To the family of the woman who brutally murdered by this individual who had committed seven different felonies in four different states and to my understanding had been deported, kept coming back, has the administration reached out to that family?" Chabot asked again. 

"I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that question sir," Johnson said. 

The answer is no, not a single person in the Obama administration has reached out to the Steinle family and it's a disgrace. Jeh Johnson and President Obama should watch a few interviews of Steinle's family talking about Kate's death and show some respect.

"I wish someone would reach out to us," Brad Steinle said during an interview on The Kelly File last night.

When the White House was asked last week to comment on the Kate Steinle case, Press Secretary Josh Earnest said comment on "this specific case" could not be issued and that reporters should refer to DHS for information. It turns out the guy who leads DHS has no clue about who Kate Steinle is. Again, a disgrace. (H/T JazzShaw)

Listen to Lana Del Rey’s Cinematic New Song ‘Honeymoon’

2:57 PM Add Comment






Jason Merritt—Getty ImagesLana Del Rey attends the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on Jan. 11, 2015 in Beverly Hills, Calif.

It's the first taste of the singer's upcoming album

A t the start of this year Lana Del Rey warned that her new album,Honeymoon, would be a return to form after exploring her bluesier side on last year’s Ultraviolence(which TIME named as one of the best albums of 2014). Perhaps her soundtrack contributions to last year’s Big Eyes put her in a cinematic mood, because the just-released title track leans closer to the sounds of her breakthrough LP Born to Die than the material she cooked up with the Black Keys’ Dan Auderbach. The characteristically broody “Honeymoon” even appears to reference her earlier work in its lyrics, with Del Rey calling the lover she’s singing about “Mr. Born to Lose.”
Then again, she also alludes to his “history of violence” and the “guns that blaze around him”—clearly, you can take Lana out of the Ultraviolence, but you can’t take the Ultraviolence out of Lana. Hear the studio version of the song, which she’s been teasing since last month, below: